Midwife Student Skills Classes
Midwife To Be in collaboration with Carolina Water Birth are offering 3 levels of classes for Midwife students .
- How to find (and keep) a Midwife to work with
- Study tips and paperwork
- Conducting yourself as a student
- Other ways to jump in (EMT, Doula , clinical trips etc )
- Beginner skills from NARMS form 201 (explain, demo , practice and sign off as appropriate.)
- Herbal use in Midwifery
- Photography in pregnancy, birth and PP
- The many ways to birth and props
- Bumps in the road with training
- Intermediate skills from NARMS form 201 (explain, demo , practice and sign off as appropriate.)
- Birth center vs homebirth practice
- Finding clients
- Setting up a practice
- Advanced skills from NARMS form 201 (explain, demo , practice and sign off as appropriate.)
Thurs 9-5 at www.flowingriverplace.com Easley SC Lisa Aman LM
Fri 9-5 at www.carolinawaterbirth.com Simpsonville SC Sandy Glenn CPM
Cost $250 per level (2 days training, 2 Midwives)
Hey folks finally re-coated and made a roof over our outside pizza oven and are ready to use ! Join us if you can for our 2x a mo pizza pot lucks ! Please bring a pizza topping (sliced tomatoes, mushrooms etc ) and a salad or other veggie dish. We are encouraging each other in healthy eating these days ! Hope to even have sourdough , Gluten free and WW fresh ground pizza crust options at times too ! If you want to bring a desert please make it a healthy one THANKS ! Tea and water provided.
Can bring swim clothes and enjoy the Saluda River while here. Swim at your own risk and please keep a eye on kids.
Musical instruments welcome too ! Optional 4H Homestead group meets 1st Sunday of the Mo from 4-6 for age 8-12
Somehow we are trying to do less while doing more. Busy season with building a greenhouse/sun room asap so elderly aunt can pat the cats in the winter, finishing a guestroom/prayer room over shop, buying land next door to double our acres to about 10 and learning how to slow down and listen to God and each other. Not to mention its also smack in the middle of the holidays ! Love to make and give gifts but longing for that quiet time with God. Maybe once His “birthday ” is over I can find the time ! Maybe once sun room is done I can sit and relax with a Bible and a cup of coffee ? Hope so…For now grateful for the vision, finances and health for pulling off all that we feel called to do. Hope too enter into HIS rest soon so we can lead others in also.