Healthy food POT LUCKS,
River time & Creative time/crafts optional
1st Sunday of month 1pm- 6pm or so
March – Oct 2018
See info on blog post main page
Midwife skills weekends see www.midwifetobe.com for dates
CLASSES offered for groups of 4 or more. To be posted or email me if you have a group wanting to take.
- SEWING 4 BABY : Come sew for your baby or make some shower gifts. Bibs out of recycled denim, wool soaker pants for baby out of soft recycled sweaters. quick baby blankets out of flannel, baby embroidery felt shoes etc. Come with own material or can buy from me. Your choice of project. age 15 – Adult
- FELTING AND BEAD PINS : Using , wool scraps, felt , wool roving and beads we will make some mixed media pins. Many styles to choose from .Supplies included ….age 12 – Adult
- SOAP MAKING : We will do both melt and pour (easy soap ) and also soap using olive , coconut oil and lye (more advanced but oh so nice ) ! Will also share some soap packaging ideas. Bring own supplies for a batch or help with process and then make own at home. age 15 – Adult
- EATING YOUR WAY TO HEALTH : – We will start with a Healthy food pot luck (Vegetarian please ) Come learn what is good for your body (and what is not ) . Explore many healthy diet options and find out what is right for YOU ! Also learn how to eat and cook healthy food at low cost including growing your own food, sprouts, wheat grass juice and coop and farmers market shopping tips . No sugar raw deserts will be demoed (and eaten ) age 15 – Adult
- Mosaic : We will use broken tiles, plates glass and mirrors to cover a tray, canister or pot for plant. Supply list provided. May have lots of it already ! Fun way to recycle ! Very fun and addicting (at least for me it is ! ) Great stress relief too. Mastic (to stick tiles down ) provided. Demo on how to grout when home will be given as it needs to dry overnight first. age 15-Adult
- YOU CAN SEW ! : We will cover basic sewing on machine reg , and surger , hand sewing and embroidery stitches. Will make a pillow cover, pendent out of canvas or pot holder with embroidery on it (your choice ) . Fun class for Moms and Daughters ! age 12- Adults
- Worship God with Dance : Come learn to dance out your prayers, choreograph a christian dance, learn new ways to move, sign language dance, Israeli Folk Dance, Stretching to worship music and more. Great for working on church/ out reach or even just for own quiet time with God ! age 12- Adult
- Making Herbal Remedies : Lets make some tinctures, salves, infusions and tea from local and other dried herbs. Some we will pick that day on local herb walk. age 15- Adult
- Gardening for Adults Hügelkultur , Vermaculture , Raised beds,composting ,growing in grow buckets/ tubs greenhouse growing and vertical growing will be demoed and discussed. Plus some hands on learning . Come ready to get down and dirty ! age 15-Adult
- Creative Bible Journaling :We will explore new ways to waken up your quiet time. Write out prayers and learn to listen for answers. Use stamping , drawing , mixed media and more in your journal. Age 12-Adult
- Kids Gardening : Hügelkultur , Vermaculture , Raised beds,composting , greenhouse growing and vertical growing will be demoed and discussed. Plus some hands on learning . Come ready to get down and dirty ! Will go home with ideas for a garden ,some plants and some planted seeds . Kid friendly projects too. Age 7-14
- Ladies Craft weekend : We will explore and do many crafts this weekend. sewing , stamping , beading , mixed media, mosaic etc. Come bring a craft to share too and food for pot luck each day . Camping spaces by the river and screen room provided for ones who want to sleep over. Fun getaway to rekindle your creativity and fine some new creative passions. Guest teachers also $100 for weekend.
- Tie Dye 101 : Bring some all cotton whites to dye with permanent Procion dyes. Can cover over stains in clothes too. Great for kid clothes. Taught by previous flower child from the 70s who use to tie dye for a living back in the day Slight supply fee depending on weight of materials brought. will also do squares of cotton that can be sewn into small quilt . age 15- Adult
- Recycled Wood Crafts Come use wood scraps to do some nail and string art (Taught by Daughter in law who has mastered this) ! See pintrist for ideas. Will also go over other ways to use wood scraps . Age 12- Adult
- Cultured Food Come learn to make some yummy probiotic cultured veggies, keifer, yoguart and maybe even Tempeh . will have a pot luck 1st but it must include one of the above in your dish. age 12- Adult
GIRLS GREEN KITCHEN
6 week class for teaching girls healthy food cooking. We will be cooking and eating each time. PLUS will do some kitchen classes and beauty products out of herbs and natural ingredients. tea party for Moms at last class from foods kids make. Teach kids NOW to eat and cook good for life ! Kids can also make new friends and will learn fun yummy Kid friendly health foods and why they are good.
Limit of 6 kids per class
Classes mostly taught by Lisa Aman Lic Midwife for 30 years Previous Homeschool Mom of 4 kids and grandma of 7. I am wanting to cut way back with Births and do some of the fun , healthy stuff I love doing. Parents can drop kids off or assist in classes or relax in the screen room by the river. Kids wont be allowed to run wild as there isnt a fence at the river edge. We have greenhouses , gardens etc here so a great place to do all this ! we are located in Dacusville area 12 miles from down town Greenville, Easley and Travelers rest on the Saluda River. classes will be paid by pay pal on line to reserve spot ( Link soon ). Confirmation will be given. Fees will be refunded if canceled but not for no show. Classes can be transferred/ gifted if you cant make it due to prep involved.
Fee for most classes are $22
|classes 1- 2 hr class|